CCPA Privacy Notice for California Residents
Shoe Carnival, Inc. Privacy Notice for California Residents
Effective Date: 12/27/2019
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (”personal information”). Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
Our Website has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
Our Website obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Website.
- From Third Parties. For example, from marketing data partners and agencies for updated addresses and profile information.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use, sell or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose or sell your personal information, subject to your right to opt-out of those sales (see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights). When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. The CCPA prohibits third parties who purchase the personal information we hold from reselling it unless you have received explicit notice and an opportunity to opt-out of further sales.
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- Analytics providers
- Data aggregators.
DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR A BUSINESS PURPOSE
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Category A: Identifiers.
- Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
- Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
- Category D: Commercial information.
- Category F: Internet or other similar network activity.
- Category G: Geolocation data.
- Category K: Inferences drawn from other personal information.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- Analytics providers
- Data aggregators.
SALES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has sold the following categories of personal information:
- A. Identifiers.
- B. California Customer Records personal information categories.
- C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
- D. Commercial information.
- F. Internet or other similar network activity.
- G. Geolocation data.
- K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.
We sell your personal information to the following categories of third parties:
- Data aggregators.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
The CCPA provides consumers who are California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
ACCESS TO SPECIFIC INFORMATION AND DATA PORTABILITY RIGHTS
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
DELETION REQUEST RIGHTS
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
EXERCISING ACCESS, DATA PORTABILITY, AND DELETION RIGHTS
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 800-430-7463
- Emailing your request to email@example.com
- Mailing your request to:
Shoe Carnival, Inc. Attn: Legal Department 7500 East Columbia Street Evansville, IN 47715
A California resident may use an authorized agent to submit a right-to-know request and a request to delete. To use an authorized agent, the California resident must provide the agent with written authorization. In addition, the California resident may be required to verify their own identity with Shoe Carnival. Shoe Carnival may deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by the California resident to act on their behalf. Such requirements, however, will not apply where a California resident has provided the authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to Cal. Prob. Code Sections 4000 to 4465.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include:
First Name Last Name Email Phone Number Address City State Postal Code
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
For instructions on exercising sale opt-out rights, see Personal Information Sales Opt-Out Rights.
RESPONSE TIMING AND FORMAT
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
PERSONAL INFORMATION SALES OPT-OUT RIGHTS
A California resident has the right, at any time, to direct Shoe Carnival not to sell their personal information. This right may be referred to as the right to opt-out. A California resident may opt out of the sale of their personal information at a dedicated webpage entitled “Do Not Sell My Personal Information”. If Shoe Carnival has a good faith, reasonable, and documented belief that a request to opt-out is fraudulent, it may deny the request. A California resident may use an authorized agent to submit a request to opt-out on the California resident’s behalf. The California resident must provide the agent with written authorization to do so. Shoe Carnival may deny a request from an agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by the California resident to act on the California resident’s behalf.
Shoe Carnival does not have actual knowledge that it collects or maintains the personal information of individuals under the age of 16. Therefore, Shoe Carnival does not sell the personal information of a California resident it has actual knowledge is under the age of 16 without affirmative authorization (known as “opt-in”).
To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by visiting the following Internet Web page link:
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales.
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Phone: 800-430-7463 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal Address: Shoe Carnival, Inc. Attn: Legal Department 7500 East Columbia Street Evansville, IN 47715
Some of our products that are made of vinyl or imitation leather may contain lead. In accordance with Proposition 65, we disclose this to you because this chemical has been noted by the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.